‘A Stroll ThroughThe Past’ available
Kevin Shoemaker, president of the Alburtis Lockridge Historical Society, announced the release of “Alburtis, A Stroll Through The Past.” This 171-page, softbound history of Alburtis is available at Alburtis Borough Hall while supplies last. There is a charge.
The book provides historical photographs and maps of the villages of Alburtis and Lock Ridge and traces their merger in 1913 to become the Borough of Alburtis.
Old photographs, taken in 1906 by Charles and Linnie Ross, are compared with images of the same scenes as they appear today.
The history was written by Allen Oswald with proofreading by Jean Oswald and Shoemaker. Gregory Roth provided the current digital photography with editorial direction from Scott Stoneback. The Media People Inc. produced the book with printing provided by EBC Printing of Trexlertown.
In addition to the Alburtis history and pictorial essay, is a section on special news stories of interest from 1870 to 1929.
The book has over 260 photographs, maps and illustrations and provides a visual look into the past.